Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th 2014 and Eastern Pacific hurricane season begins May 15th and also ends November 30th 2014.
Music video by Duffy performing Rain On Your Parade
Hurricane Season Dates 2014
Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and ends November 30th. The
Eastern Pacific hurricane season begins May 15th and also ends November 30th.
Atlantic & Eastern Pacific Climatology
The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th, and the Eastern Pacific hurricane season runs from May 15th to November 30th. The Atlantic basin includes the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, and Gulf of Mexico. The Eastern Pacific basin extends to 140°W.
A tropical cyclone is a rotating, organized system of clouds and thunderstorms that originates over tropical or subtropical waters and has a closed low-level circulation. Tropical cyclones rotate counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere. They are classified as follows:
- Tropical Depression: A tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of 38 mph (33 knots)
- or less.
- Tropical Storm: A tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of 39 to 73 mph (34 to 63 knots).
- Hurricane: A tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of 74 mph (64 knots) or higher. In the western North Pacific, hurricanes are called typhoons; similar storms in the Indian Ocean and South Pacific Ocean are called cyclones.
- Major Hurricane: A tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of 111 mph (96 knots) or higher, corresponding to a Category 3, 4 or 5 on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
Tropical cyclones forming between 5 and 30 degrees North latitude typically move toward the west. Sometimes the winds in the middle and upper levels of the atmosphere change and steer the cyclone toward the north and northwest. When tropical cyclones reach latitudes near 30 degrees North, they often move northeast.
The Deluxe Emergency Preparedness Kit from Stansport fits 50 survival tools and supplies into a 30 by 14-inch cargo bag so that you are better prepared for unexpected events. Small enough to store anywhere from your house to your office to the trunk of your car, the equipment included in this kit could make a life or death difference in the face of an emergency. Designed with earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, and floods in mind, the kit includes: tools for signaling, communication, and information; tools for shelter and sleeping; first aid equipment; food and water treatment supplies; and much more. Kit Includes:
- Portable lantern
- Portable AM radio
- Portable propane stove
- Angle head flashlight
- Signal whistles
- Five emergency light sticks
- Two fluorescent orange safety vests
- Two tarps
- Two ponchos
- Two emergency blankets
- Two sleeping bags
- Pro II 42-piece First Aid Kit
- Water purification kit
- Five-gallon collapsible water jug
- Six emergency water packets
- Four candles
- Camp soap
- Waterproof matches
- Two emergency food bars
- 11-function knife
- Folding hand saw
- 6 in 1 survival multi-purpose tool
- 50-foot rope
- Fire starter sticks
Product DescriptionDeluxe Emergency Preparedness Kit is a 50 piece kit that also includes a 58 piece First Aid Kit. The kit also contains a portable lantern, portable radio, portable propane stove and sleeping bags as well as numerous emergency supplies. Everything fits in a sturdy cargo bag that is included. Great for home, office or on the road.
- 50-piece emergency preparedness kit in a 30 by 14-inch cargo bag
- Includes lantern, flashlight, AM radio, propane stove, and emergency light sticks
- Tarps, fluorescent orange safety vests, ponchos, emergency blankets, and sleeping bags
- Pro II 42-piece First Aid Kit; water purification kit; five-gallon water jug; emergency food bars
- Multi-function knife, saw, multi-purpose tool, 50-foot rope, and fire starter sticks
4 Person Survival Kit Deluxe Perfect Earthquake, Evacuation, Emergency Disaster Preparedness 72 Hour Kits for Home, Work or Auto: 4 Person
A must have if you live in a hurricane prone area. All items are packed securely by Survival Kits Online in a deluxe duffel bag. The kit includes the following: * 48 -Pouches of Datrex Water - twice the amount of water as leading suppliers and each pouch has a 5 year shelf-life * 48 - 200 Calorie Food Bars - 5 year shelf-life * 40 - Water Purification Tablets - each tablet purifies 1 liter of water * 1 - Hand Crank AM/FM/ Band Radio never needs batteries. * 2 - Hand Squeeze Rechargeable Flashlight * 1 - 5 in 1 Survival Whistle - compass, signal mirror, flint starter, waterproof container,lanyard and shrill whistle * 1 - Box 50 Water Proof Matches * 1 - Fire Starter - Provides sufficient shavings to start hundreds of fires * 4 - Mylar Sleeping Bags - Recommended over common "space blankets" * 4 - Emergency Poncho with Hood * 2 - 2 Person Tube Tent with Rope * 1 - 16 Function Knife * 1 - Pair Leather Palm Gloves * 1 - 50 Foot Rope * 4 - Personal Hygiene Kits includes Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, 9 Handy Wipes * 4 - N95 Masks * 8 - Tissue Packs all purpose * 1 - Large First Aid Kit - contains the essentials needed for any type of fist aid emergency * 1 - On Duty/Gas Shut Off Wrench Designed by a fire fighter. Use to shut off gas and water. Pry open doors and windows. Will not spark if struck against metal. Safe to use. * 1 - Can Opener * 2 - Waste Bags * 1 - 2.5 Gallon Water Bag * 4 - Body Warmers - last for 16- 20 hours * 4 - 12 Hour Light Sticks * 1 - Portable Stove with Fuel Tablets * 1 - Package of Survival Candles * 1 - Deck of Cards